[Computer-go] Facebook Go AI

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Sun Dec 6 07:24:07 PST 2015

On Sat, Dec 05, 2015 at 02:47:50PM +0100, Detlef Schmicker wrote:
> I understand the idea, that long term prediction might lead to a
> different optimum (but it should not lead to one with a higher one
> step prediction rate: it might result in a stronger player with the
> same prediction rate...)

I think the whole idea is that it should improve raw prediction rate
on unseen samples too.  The motivation of the increased suprevision is
to improve the hidden representation in the network, making it more
suitable for longer-term tactical predictions and therefore "stronger"
and better encompassing the board situation.  This should result in
better one-move predictions in a situation where the followup is also
important.

It sounds rather reasonable to me...?

--
				Petr Baudis
	If you have good ideas, good data and fast computers,