[Computer-go] Those were the days ...

David Fotland fotland at smart-games.com
Mon Dec 28 22:28:23 PST 2015

The old program had a fixed search, so it wouldn’t get any stronger on faster hardware.

Martin understood computer go weaknesses, so he played to exploit them.  A modern program not specifically tuned for those weaknesses would have a much more difficult time.

I released version 10 in 1997, so it might be more accurate to play against version 10 rather than against version 12 at 12 kyu level.  I probably still have a version 10 CD somewhere.

David